Re: ACDC lyrics

Mc, re

> > I thank you for backing me up against scott who makes fun of me for
> > playing a couple of ACDC covers with my band.  I think he objects to
> > a band that is a tribute to The Who playing ACDC.

One of the best tribute bands I've ever seen were called the Pretend Pretenders, who naturally, played tribute to the Pretenders. And excellently, too; the band pretty well got that glorious chiming, jangly sound and the girl singer had a voice very similar to Chrissie Hynde's, but in addition to Pretenders songs they covered The Kids are alright - in full on Pretenders style. And very tasty it was, too. And it, and the other non pPretenders songs they played, including the self penned songs, went down well with the audience, too.

Point is it doesn't matter a fuck what you play - if you and the *paying* audience like it, that's what matters!

> > There are also a few "crowd pleaser" songs that we throw in as
> > changes of pace.  People have to have fun at our shows and we need
> > to appeal to a fairly mainstream audience in order to have any
> > success.

Which again is the point I make. What counts isn't what people here think, it's what those who pay think.

> > As to the depth of ACDC's lyrics, some of your analyses are
> > stretches,

Just a little early monday morning fun:-)

Cheers,

John