Re: Music vs. Lyrics

In a message dated 9/8/2003 6:48:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Nelson9792@xxxxxxx writes:
(My number one and
two faves are, in fact, The Who and Led Zeppelin).
Michael,

Would that make you some sort of  "fanatical religious type" then?

I agree with you about the music part.  It is the vehicle that moves the
words. I like rock because I like rock.  No defense needed there.  It was the
sound that initially hooked me, not the words.

What made The Who so cool was that once I got into the sound, I kept finding
more and more.  After discovering that nearly *every* album was a good one,
there was the stage show, then the crazy stories of the band's history, then the
individual's incredible abilities, then the words to the songs themselves.
Now there is the continuing story of what they can do as men nearing 60 in a
band that has always broke ground in some fashion.  They are such interesting
characters.

Led Zeppelin just flat out rocked.  That is undeniable and it wun't a gimmick
neither.  They have their sound and each member was extremely skilled
musically. They played in a catchy way that sounded cool to many, including me. Jimmy
Page was a riff machine.  What were they singing about half of the time?
Beats me.

I am confident enough about my Who to give another band a compliment.

Jon in Mi