Remembering Keith Moon

	>From: "Jim Sigel"
	>Subject: Remembering Keith Moon
	>
>Nice article about our late great Dear Boy...

Funny thing happened to me on the way to our local Arts Festival.....
Actually, it was *at* the Arts Festival.

So, there we are, VT's coolest family getting out for some desperately needed fresh air (after our bouts with illness), by attending our village's "Living Arts Festival".
My wife, being a budding potter, loves these things.  For me, they turn into what feels like window shopping (not good for the get it and go male).  But, even I can dig this stuff.  Got my boy in my pack, it's a splendid day, and what a groovy-earthy-artist-type chick-magnet a one year old in a fishing hat is.
So, I'm standing around staring at some of our local "smithy's" metal works, kind of half listening to the goofy all-vocal band that's playing.
You know, the kind that vocalizes each instrument?  Yes, quite artsy....or.......as that one band coined...."ar-ar-ar-artfag."
The music stops and there's some mumbling, and then I hear..."greatest drummer ever lived"

Still didn't click..

Then "died well before his time"

I must still be running a fever, cause it went right over my head.

"This is the 25th anniversary of his death."

Ding!  My eyes widen.  My wife looks at me like I'm going to pop, and asks "what?"

"We'd like to dedicate this song to the late, great, Keith Moon, who's drumming will never be matched."

I spin to look at the stage, and raise my hands over my head and let out a "Wooooo WHOooooo!"
I get back a kind of sarcastic "yeah, rock on!".
Hmpf.
I yell back "Long Live Keith Moon!"  <the crowd laughs at my refusal to let the stage dude poke fun>
The guy replies back, "and that's where this next song comes in."

Pretty cool.  In my little "town", a Keith Moon tribute.  And it wasn't even from a rock band!

Oh, the song was called something like "A setting Moon", and really was gibberish to me.
I didn't get it at all.

Go figure.
Or maybe that was the point?  Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Kevin in VT