Re: shots at ACDC covers?

Mc, re

> > True, they didn't have tremendous depth lyrically,

Come on, their lyrics are great! Who could fail to be moved by their tributes to feminism (eg whole lotta Rosie), animal rights songs (give a dog a bone), and their protest songs about social diseases (she's got the jack) and about young criminals (Bad boy boogie and highway to hell)?

> > but some of the most recognizeable and unique guitar riffs in rock
> > history were created by Angus and Malcolm Young.

AC/DC are almost certainly the greatest riffmeisters in rock. I've seen them a couple of times and they are simply awesome. They follow the KISS principle very carefully and let's face it, it works.

> > Lyrics pretty mindless, or at least lacking in great depth, but
> > everyone can't be Pete Townshend, Bob Dillon, or John Lennon.

See above - I disagree on the point on lyrics;-)

And their genius is recognised by Pete Townshend (AC/DC played on the '79 Wembley show with the Who) and THE Stones - who invited them to play at 3 shows recently in Germany.

Cheers,

John