Re: The Note That Began All....

	>From: "Schrade, Scott"
	>Subject: Re: The Note That Began All....

>Ha!  *Sting* Philosophy!  Here we go with your Police bullshit again.  ;-o

Oooops.
Damn little R's.
They're right next to the T, so you can understand how I ....
Oh wait, that's a different thread.

>That's right!  You play the Cello, don't you.  Along with the Skin-Flute.

Aye?!

>I liked when they showed the French Horn - added to the Who feel.  (You
>were probably asleep when they showed that, Kruzzle Krimple.)

Damn.  I woke in a haze at about 9:20, and my wife had already switched the channel to Frasier.

>But why is it so essential in human culture from the earliest of times up
>until now?  Why can't most people live without it?

Music (sounds, beats, etc.) was the initial form of communication, due to the distance it could travel.  African tribes used drums to communicate for all sorts of occasions.
That progressed into the use of drums and other sounds/vibrations for celebrations.
The rest....is history.
Again, music is the purest form of communicating emotion.

>What is
>the core reason, the drive, that made humans seek it out, both to hear &
>to play?

Sadly, war.
War drums.
Gathering the warriors.

>> And if he threw his guitar while on the sun, we wouldn't see it for 8
>> minutes later!
>
>You liked that Sun example, didn't you?  ;-)

It caught me off guard.
I mean, I've always known that the light you see from the stars could have taken millions of years to get there, but I never thought about the light from the sun.
Duh.
And all this time, when your local weather dude or dudette says that sunrise is at x-time, we need to really subtract 8 minutes.
They're liars!

Kevin in VT