If you MUST continue the Pete destruction...

	>From: Oust_the_pretender
	>Subject: If you MUST continue the Pete destruction...

Pete "destruction"?
Dude, that's not fair.
No one here is trying to, or succeeding to engage in, or even coming close to anything that could be construed as "Pete destruction".
Really, there's only one person on this list that is vocally against Pete's recent decisions.
Hmmmmm, who could that anti-continue as The Who person (cough, Mark!) be???

>> Hey, take it up with Pete!
>
>I think he's done with it!

Yes.  That's why he just recently posted a diary entry about it.

>OK...so your contention is that he WAS inconsistent,
>but now he's perfectly consistent.

No. My contention is that he's not making web diary posts without having what he writes reviewed by legal.
So, I don't buy this lame "oh, he's always been inconsistent" stance that some people are taking.
That's a cop out, in my book.

>So you think he's intentionally letting the truth slip
>out? Because it helps him...how? Or can't he help
>himself? Or the legal department told him it's good
>for his career? I hate to quote HBO commercials, but
>"I don't get it."

Well, I don't get it either.
But hey, if you want to believe that Pete on a whim scribbles down a diary entry that addresses the largest legal/social/moral issue that he's ever faced, one that potentially could ruin his and The Who's career, and his legal team then reads it after the fact....
Well, believe what ya want to believe...

>Awwww...that was sweet...

I have my moments

>> We are greater fans than most, because we care
>> enough to want to fully understand.
>
>And that was spin. We're LIBERATING Pete, yeah, that's
>it...

Who said anything about LIBERATING?
No, but we're not ignoring what he says either.
Don't forget about the "be real" part in Pete's statement.
I'm trying to understand.
If you want to jump on the Jeff House band wagon and claim that anyone who even talks about the issue is Pete bashing, then well, you're on the same wagon with Jeff House.
I'm not going to board.
I'm going to continue to be my own person, and look at the situation objectively.
And, I think that's what Pete would want his fans to do.
I don't believe he just wants us to say "ok, gee whiz Pete, what ever you say.  You're God."

>> I'm very shy.
>
>Kevin:
>
>("choke!")

Yeah, I almost passed out while I wrote that.
Ha!

>> Mark is "all fucked up on politics".
>
>That's right, kill the messenger...today Bush said his
>people didn't put Mission Accomplished banner on the
>carrier, it was the troops' fault, and he never meant
>to imply such a thing. Oooooh-KAY!

I thought God made him do it????

Kevin in VT