What was Jeff Stein Thinking?

I watched

After viewing "The Kids Are Alright" for the first time in many years at the
NY Film Festival, I am puzzled by the fact that Quadrophenia is not
represented in the film. What was Jeff Stein thinking? How could he leave out
what many of us believe is The Who's finest work? I'm aware the band put a
hold on filming concerts in 1971-1974, however, there is plenty of good Quad
footage from later shows such as the Charlton show in '76. Or, it could have
easily been taken care of at the Shepperton show which was staged in order to
fill other musical holes in the film. Stein's film documents the Who's best
music played live. He fucked up by not including anything from Quad.

Happy Jack, Baba O'Reilly, The Seeker, WGFA are among the Who songs that have
been licensed in the last couple of years by advertisers, movies and TV shows.
Yet, "Going Mobile," the song with enormous commercial potential has been
ignored. Don't you think this song is perfect for a car maker or cell phone
company?

David in NY