Re: american pete?

jac:

>What about Frank Zappa???????

I'm ashamed of myself and beg the forgiveness of Zappa's memory for forgetting
him.  Great call hapijac.  In the final analysis, Frank gets the nod in my
book now that you mention it.  He's the only one mentioned so far that comes
close to meeting the criteria, whatever that may be.  Except the drug
experience; from everything I've heard, Frank wasn't into drugs at all.
Musically, Pete and Frank are two different animals altogether, but very
similar in other ways too.  Frank was a brilliant man too.

And for what it's worth, I've been asked about my political beliefs on this
list before, but haven't taken a side "officially".  If anyone's curious, I
would've voted for Frank.

Jim in Colorado