Re: New Diary Entry - PT

In a message dated 10/20/2003 10:52:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
You just choose to have faith in things which have absolutely
no evidence to back them up.  I choose to have faith in things which *do*
have evidence to back them up.
Hmm.  I see billions and billions of items around me that were the result of
careful design.  Not accidentally, umm, made? No, accidentally popped into
existence.  Like my brain. Or the little motor that powers the flagella on a one
celled euglena.  This is concrete proof that you just ignore. There happens to
be so much proof that people become blind to it.  Then make up a theory to
claim that it is all accidental!  My computer was designed and built. My brain
wasn't?  Preposterous!

>Well, one has to have faith in the realm of Science, as well.  I've never
seen infrared light, but I know it exists....

I see your point here.  But I know that the Spirit exists.  You are speaking
in the realm of knowledge and I am speaking in the realm of Life.  Two
different trees altogether.  Spiritual is spiritual.  It is not physical.  Radios
detect signals. The human spirit detects the things of God.  You have one!!!

 >The difference is, you engage in blind faith.  <insert Stevie Winwood joke
here>  You are forced to invent your evidence because none exists.  And all
because you don't understand the natural world & are afraid of the unknown.
Free yourself, I say!  Become a freethinker!  Embrace the light of knowledge
rather than superstition!  Join me!

Ha!  I do embrace the things you embrace.  I embrace more though.  I'm free
enough to enjoy both and I'm not afraid to open myself to look into the things
that go beyond my finite mind to enjoy the eternal purpose of God.  If you
think there is no air, you will never breathe.  If you open and take in the air,
you will be filled with what is presently surrounding you.  Take your hands
off of your spiritual nose and mouth and breathe!

>> Personally, I don't have faith in Pete.

><gasp!>  ;-)  Well, you seemed to have faith that he was innocent right
after the accusations were made, when others (including me) weren't so sure.

That belief was based on careful observation. ;-)  I read ADB, and I knew
what it was that he was fighting.  I also didn't see any evidence at all that he
indeed did something unseemly, so why make it up, or believe it when others
that don't know him say it?  Pete is also an honest person when it comes to
things of this sort.  It would have been career/trust ending for a sensitive
person like him to lie when he would be found out anyway.  He was too bold in what
he said that first day, and he came forth on his own.

>I see.  With Pete, proof matters.  With "Someone" else, it doesn't.

The universe is proof.  You and I are proof. The bible is proof. That banana
is proof!

>Face it.  You simply guessed, but guessed correctly.

I listened to what he had to say, used my gut and stuck with it.  Why make up
things that aren't there?  I know what you're going to say!  Peel that
"accidental" wrapper you biped!

>An extraordinary claim requires equally extraordinary evidence.

The universe is quite extraordinary; both when viewed in a microscope and a
telescope.  Marvelous design.

Jon in Mi.

Atheism is an exercise of calling one's own heart a liar.  It is not a casual
philosophy, but an aggressive suppression of what the spirit already knows is
true.

John Myer