Re: New Diary Entry - PT

> I think our definition of faith is different from one another.

Not really.  You just choose to have faith in things which have absolutely
no evidence to back them up.  I choose to have faith in things which *do*
have evidence to back them up.

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty with-
out any proof.
    - Ashley Montague

> Faith is the substantiation of things that really are there but cannot be
> sensed by the natural senses alone.

Well, one has to have faith in the realm of Science, as well.  I've never
seen infrared light, but I know it exists.  I've never felt the tug of a
black hole, but I know they exist.  My senses have never felt the time
effects of Einstein's relativity, but I still have faith that time moves
slower for me while I zoom to work in my car than it does for someone else
not in motion.  I added a microsecond to my life on my flight last year to
Yellowstone National Park.  I have faith in that.

The difference is, you engage in blind faith.  <insert Stevie Winwood joke
here>  You are forced to invent your evidence because none exists.  And all
because you don't understand the natural world & are afraid of the unknown.
Free yourself, I say!  Become a freethinker!  Embrace the light of knowledge
rather than superstition!  Join me!

> Personally, I don't have faith in Pete.

<gasp!>  ;-)  Well, you seemed to have faith that he was innocent right
after the accusations were made, when others (including me) weren't so sure.

> I just believed what he said because there was no proof of the accusa-
> tions to the extent they were exaggerated to.

I see.  With Pete, proof matters.  With "Someone" else, it doesn't.

> The facts in this whole mess show that Pete was telling the truth.

I see.  With Pete, facts matter.  With "Someone" else, they don't.  Besides,
we didn't get many of the facts until much later.  The details are still
trickling in - even now!  Face it.  You simply guessed, but guessed correct-
ly.

> Speculation is making up things that "may" have happened based on imagin-
> ary fears with no evidence to back these fears up.

I see.  With Pete, evidence matters.  With "Someone" else, it doesn't.

> I'm glad that Pete did post this though, because it shows that he cares.

Me, too, but it begs the question:  Why didn't he tell us fans all this
before?

- SCHRADE in Akron

An extraordinary claim requires equally extraordinary evidence.
    - Carl Sagan