Re: PD

In a message dated 10/19/2003 12:12:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
schrade@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I believe that honesty is what draws a lot of freaks into
the Who fold.  Freaks that become Who freaks.

You're right. Actually, I was drawn in by the music and the show, but kept by
this honesty.

>Isn't
this a bit contradictory?  Admit things are out of your control (OK, fine)
but then go & invent "Someone" who can be petitioned to help you!

Well, it would only be contradictory if no one was there.  But Someone is. ;-)

>All that does is give one the beneficial feeling of  actually *having* some
control over his or her life, *via* this "Someone."  My question is:  Why
not just get your shit together on your own?  Weakness is no excuse for
preposterousness.

When I was younger, I was under the illusion that I *did* have my shit
together.  I was rather proud and didn't even know it.  Who can be humble, really?
I told some that they should get their shit together like me, or at least I
carried this thought.  Then I got hit by a bomb.  Now the knowledge that I
merely learned in books has been burned into me in my experience.  No one can ever
tell me there is no God. He showed up. He is holding the universe together.

Jon in Mi.

Outward correction and regulation mean nothing.  The most precious thing is
an inward turn.

Witness Lee  1972