Re: Now & Then; We could be heroes

>PT might be thinking he had returned to stardom and did an conceptual album
without any care of consequences.

Tom:

Or perhaps he didn't care about the consequences? Let's be realistic; few artists have a career that continues to be popular for more than a few years. Pete and The Who had already lasted a lot longer by the time he made Psychoderelict. Pete HAD to be aware he wasn't going to make it in a chart topped by bands like Pearl Jam (score another one Scott!) Alice In Chains and STP.

>But Now and Then isn't gay, come on! That's not true, absolutely!

Of course not! It's a bit neanderthalic to respond to any sensitive material with a quick "That's so GAY!" Besides, so what if it is anyway? If someone doesn't like someone's music because the artist is gay, well...I'd rather that person not be associated with a band I'm a fan of anyway. That's so small of someone, thinking that way.

>Now, if someone could remind me what the controversy is..........is it Pete's solo stuff vs. Who stuff?

Jo:

It doesn't matter. No insults were ever intended.

>I'm not sure it has worked (if by "work" we mean success in sales).

Scott:

Who would mean that? Success in sales means crap music MOST of the time!

>Because........you........hurt my feelings . ;-(

Scott:

Bullshit!

>Oh, you'll know when I attack you, buddy boy. You'll feel it, good &
hard. (Wait....that doesn't sound right.)

No, it sure doesn't.

>Mc's just feeling a bit picked on, I think.

What is this, third grade? I know Michael Jackson is sensitive, because Eddie Murphy said so, but Mc?

>McDonald's introduces......the new McCheney! Comes with its own metal
stint!

And his own multi-billion dollar no bid contract for his company. Free in each box! Now THAT'S what I'd call a "happy meal. I was thinking last night...perhaps it should have been Donald McRumsfeld. Jeb The Voteburgler. Condelisa Fries? And, of course, Mayor McDuh-bya. Hmmm...I might just have to start a comic book...