Surgery 'Almost Killed' Bass Player Jack Bruce

==========
Surgery 'almost killed' star Bruce

Rock and blues musician Jack Bruce, from 1960s supergroup Cream, almost died
after having a liver transplant in September, his record company has said.
Bruce, 60, who was diagnosed with liver cancer in the summer, is now
recovering after his body rejected the new liver and he contracted an
infection.

A statement from the Scottish star's family said he was on the mend.

Bruce is best-known as vocalist and bassist in Cream, formed in 1966 with
Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker.

His family's statement said: "After being very critical for a period in
which we almost lost him, Jack is now making a successful recovery."

Cream were at the forefront of guitar music in the 1960s and sold more than
35 million records, including classic tracks I Feel Free, Strange Brew and
Sunshine Of Your Love.

They split up in 1968 amid rumours of tensions within the line-up. They
played a farewell concert at London's Royal Albert Hall.

Bruce is still a highly respected singer, bassist, guitarist and cellist who
has continued to record and tour.

In 1993, he reunited with Clapton and Baker for three songs when the band
were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Religion is the science of former times, dried out & turned to dogma;
it is only the husk of an outdated scientific explanation.
	- Roger Martin du Gard