Re: Now & Then again

>I was wondering if Now and them d been chosen as the single for PD, instead of English boy, and PD d been issued only music since the beginning, the course of events could be taken another completely different way, less
defective.

Tom:

I don't know that ANY song from the album would have been a successful single, given the popular music of the time. But the Music Only, yes, that would have been a better release. Then maybe a live version with the dialogue, like the recently released Brooklyn Academy Of Music show. I searched for quite a while before finding a DJ copy of Psychoderelict which was the only way to get it without the dialogue...and Hell, the dialogue covers some of the best guitarwork! I think a lot of non-Who fans were put off by the format, some who might have enjoyed it as they did Empty Glass and Chinese Eyes.

>Now and them is a beautiful and pungent song - a great song in a great
album.

Yes, I love it even more now than when the CD first came out.

>are full of human feeling that are rich in life experience; and yet it still
leaves an open door at the end.

Jon:

And, after all, the end of our lives are an open door...

>This album wasn't written for the pop charts. It was written for us.

Exactly. No way it would have made a chart impression.

>These are the EXACT reasons I don't like it, yet I was labelled a music cretin, or Philistine, if you will,

Mc:

OK, in keeping with total accuracy: who wrote those words on this list except for you? Who labeled you anything? Just you, and as they say one knows themself best. Are you extrapolating all this from me saying that I find it sad you don't "get" the song? You've made yourself into a victim all by your lonesome! Could it be you were just TRYING to pick an argument??? Hmmm...reminds me of someone else here...

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use. The answer is to ... find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river."
                             Rush Limbaugh

                     Cheers         ML