Re: I Am Concorde

I was wondering if Now and them d been chosen as the single for PD, instead of English boy, and PD d been issued only music since the beginning, the course of events could be taken another completely different way, less defective.

Now and them is a beautiful and pungent song - a great song in a great album.

Tom

From: Oust_the_pretender <bushchoked@xxxxxxxxx>
To: TheWho@xxxxxxxx
Subject: I Am Concorde
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 05:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

>instantly. I just don't like the meandering, loopy melody.

Scott:

Don't you EVER find yourself in the mood for a meandering, loopy meoldy??? What about Early Morning Dreams? Lovely tune, that. Reminds me of Brian Wilson.

>We're more power-pop than punk. At least to my ears.

Yeah, that's what The Jam called themselves, too.

>That's on the DVD. You must've been attending to a customer.

Could be. I didn't see it.

>I got exactly your point. You find it sad that I don't enjoy the same songs that YOU enjoy.

Mc:

No, you didn't get the point. Predictably. For the 7th (8th?) time: The song Now & Then has beauty, and you don't see it. The beauty exists, that's not an opinion. Just because you're colorblind doesn't mean that the colors you cannot see don't exist.

> What is beautiful to one may not be beautiful to another.

Now you're BEGINNING to get it. But what you said was it is not a beautiful song and you hate it. Then, predicatably, you turn and accuse me of defending an opinion...why is it always a fight with you, huh?

>just analogies to make clarify my assertions. Obviously they weren't clear enough because you still don't get it.

No, they were (as I pointed out) analogies which don't work for this situation. They were really, really poor and inappropriate ones. Another point you didn't get.

>Yes, but you DIDN'T compare PD to those Who works

And I never said I did! Your point? On the other hand, never mind...

>, you went on a rant about how bad Face Dances is

Stop trying to rewrite history. You said you prefered The Who over Townshend solo, and I said "Sure, because FD is SO much better..." Not a rant by any standard. Then you got your panties in a wad and attacked me.

>But when you attack someone's personal taste in music simply because it doesn't fit with yours, that's not rational.

Did I attack your taste? No. I said that A) it is sad you can't see the beauty of N&T, and B) if "rockin" music is what you like (which YOU yourself said!), you're better off with Bad Company etc. An observation and a suggestion. It's SO funny what you see as an "attack." Have a self-esteem problem, do you?

>didn't care for. I find much of Pete's solo work sort of on the fringe of rock,

Then you have no idea as to what is and what isn't Rock music. If I were you, I would refrain from making statements about this in the future. So you don't embarrass yourself again.

Too many whites are getting away with drug use. The answer is to ... find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river.
Rush Limbaugh

                     Cheers         ML

Page a contacts mobile phone with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com