John's son's car seized

I decided not to post this to Who's News as its a
little too old and a little too tangential but it's an
interesting piece of info about John.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13512201_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-Customs-battle-for-Who-son-name_page.html

CUSTOMS BATTLE FOR WHO SON Oct 14 2003
By Rosa Prince

WHO bassist John Entwistle's son had his car seized
because Customs did not believe the haul of cigarettes
and drink was for him and his dad.

Chris Entwistle, 31, bought 15,000 cigarettes and 20
bottles of spirits in France and tried to take them
through Dover.

But officials thought he intended to sell them and
impounded his car.

Chris, whose hard-living dad died on tour in Las Vegas
last June aged 57, said: "My father famously drank a
lot and smoked a lot - it made sense to buy in bulk
for him."

His lawyer told a VAT tribunal in London, where Mr
Entwistle is fighting for the right to appeal against
the decision to seize his car, it was "ludicrous" to
suggest the haul was for resale because the family was
rich.

Mr Entwistle, who lived with his dad at a #4million
mansion in Gloucestershire, will know the panel's
decision in a month. He will not get the #15,000
Toyota Landcruiser back because the DVLA has sold it.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com