Re: Last word on silly Pete/Who argument

> I was just making the point you seem to have missed again.

Mark:

I got exactly your point.  You find it sad that I don't enjoy the same songs that YOU enjoy.  That is grossly egocentric.  What is beautiful to one may not be beautiful to another.  My mentions of Streisand and sports were not comparisons to Pete's music, just analogies to make clarify my assertions.  Obviously they weren't clear enough because you still don't get it.

<<To repeat since you didn't get it the first time: I'd compare <White City or Psychoderelict to Quad any time. WN, Tommy, you name it. Do try to pay attention next time before getting your panties in a wad.

Mark:

Yes, but you DIDN'T compare PD to those Who works, you went on a rant about how bad Face Dances is, to the point of naming several of the songs from it and how bad they are.  You never made the comparisons with WN, Quad, Tommy, etc, which are all better that Psycho-D, anyway.  But, again, that's just an OPINION.

<<I was attempting to have a rational discussion with you, <giving you another chance (more than you deserve), but yet <again you showed yourself to be unable to do this little thing. So be a good lad and just leave me out of your madness, won't you?

But when you attack someone's personal taste in music simply because it doesn't fit with yours, that's not rational.  I have never criticized YOUR taste in music, I simply stated what I did and didn't care for.  I find much of Pete's solo work sort of on the fringe of rock, whereas The Who can never be mistaken for anything else.  My preference is The Who.  You enjoy Pete's soft solo music all you like.  It's just not my cup of tea.

Mc