Re: Tribute to The Ox

Many of the following comments of mine are simply conjecture....

> I was blown away by the negative reaction.

I think what we have here is a kind of flip-flopped *positive* reaction
from Bjorn & Fox.

As a response to Jo's mostly gushing tribute, they reminded us of the
seedier side of Entwistle's character (the drinking, the carousing) &
warned against hero-worship.

However, Bjorn most surely, & Fox I think, have witnessed first-hand
some of those darker moments in Entwistle's life - one might say *because*
of falling into the trap of hero-worshipping.  And yet they still wanted
us to know that.  They wanted us to know that *they* saw the real John.
That *they* were privileged.  In that, their comments were positive in
true meaning, if not in actual tone.

But, as Jo states, she *did* mention in her piece that John "was not a
perfect saint," so, in that regard, Bjorn & Fox are wasting their energy
preaching to the converted, or, maybe more accurately, they are reinforc-
ing what is already known.

And there's a tinge of selfishness in their posts, as well.  "I was there.
You don't know John.  He wasn't perfect.  One almost felt pity for him at
times.  I was there."

Sometimes fans get possessive with their idols.  I know I do.  John's
shocking death is still reverberating through all of us.  Every now & then
we experience pangs of sadness, anger, regret, depression,.....

Happy Birthday, OX.  The Earth will never see the likes of *you* again!
To celebrate, I will be giving a screening (!) of the TKAA DVD to two of
my closest friends tonight in my Who-shrine of an apartment.  Who posters
on the walls, beer in the fridge, smoke in the air, & OX on TV.....

Dig it, brothers & sisters.

LONG LIVE THE WHO!!

- SCHRADE in Akron

Ignorance is the soil in which belief in miracles grows.
	- Robert G. Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)