Re: Boo Hoo?

Worse yet, as the credits rolled, a distinct Bronx cheer arose from the
front of the theater. Who boos the Who? Particularly at a festival screening
when the director is present in the theater, as Stein was?

I can't help help but think this woman is getting her auditory signals mixed up. The audience had to be yelling "WHOOOOO."

It reminds me of the first Springsteen concert I ever saw. My neighbor is sitting next to me (we're both about 15 at the time), and he asks, "Why is everybody booing him?" I said, "They're not booing, they're saying, 'BROOOOOOOCE.'"

-gern

Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com