Re: who DVD idea (plus a note to schrade)

> I'm not saying I like their music better; of course I don't.  But I must
> admit, I got jealous as hell watching that Stones 4-DVD release.

I don't know why so many Who fans have this complex they are apples and
oranges too me.

> "Gee, The Who don't rehearse 200 songs before embarking on a tour."

I don't know if they have played 200 songs live in their career.

> "Gee, The Who don't launch *their* tours with neat, promotional press
conferences anymore."

The Who launch all their tours the best way possible, live in concert.

> "Gee, Roger Daltrey wouldn't be able to introduce the band in French."

The opening note of Can't Explain works better.

> Seeing all that, & especially the documentary on what goes into a Stones
> tour, just made The Who seem puny by comparison.

That apples and oranges thing again.

> I know I shouldn't get jealous; I know I shouldn't compare the two bands;
> I know I shouldn't worry about things like "legacy" & "public opinion" -
> but I do.

See a shrink. :)

> I want everyone in the world to realize that The Who are No.1.  The best.
> The greatest.  But it seems like they're always shooting themselves in
> the foot.  Always destined to be hovering just outside the mainstream.

As long as I know I could care less about anyone else.

> I know, I know.... it's better that way.  Sure.  Our little secret.  We
> know the truth.  Blah, blah, blah....
>
> It still bothers me, though.

Follow-up visit to shrink. :)

> > "the who Live" (working title)
>
> Very original!  ;-)

Straight and to the point.

> > disc 1: "QUADROPHENIA"
> > - "quadrophenia" Live at madison square garden 1996
>
> > disc 2: "TOMMY"
> > - "tommy" Live at the universal amphitheater w. special guests. 1989
>
> > disc 3: "the stadium show"
> > - Live at giants stadium 1989
> > disc 4: "the arena show"
> > - Live at the palace of auburn hills in detroit. 6/27/00
> > disc 5: "the club show"
> > - Live at the house of blues in chicago. 1999
> > disc 6: "the amphitheater show"
> > - Live at the tweeter center in camden. 7/27/02

Let's aim a little higher here.  I have all the post Moon proshots I can
stand.  Nobody outside of die hards cares about recent tours ie no sales.

Disc 1 Club show from 1964, trust me.  The balance of the disc could be
filled with live clips, TV appearences, promos, etc. all from the mid 60s.

Disc 2 Theatre show "Tommy" 1969-70  pick a show there are plenty.  Again
Tommy era clips could fill the disc.  Young Vic show leading to...

Disc 3 Arena shows "Next" (Saratoga, Denver, etc.)& "Quadrophenia" (Cow
Palace, Landover)

Disc 4 Stadium show Oakland '76, plus other '75/76 shows Houston,
Winterland, Pontiac, Cleveland, etc.

Bruce