Re: Real Good Looking Boy - a blurred view.

The title "Real Good Looking Boy" in the song about Elvis simply can't be replaced for anything. As long as the song itself pretend express the idea Elvis got the huge success he got because he was a "Real Good Looking Boy", a white and clean boy doing the black men nasty stuff, so what other title we can put in the song? "Real Good White Anglo-Saxon Protestant One"? "Approved Music sung by White Man"? I prefer "Real Good Looking Boy", despite any malicious interpretation people can make...

Tom

From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <TheWho@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Real Good Looking Boy - a blurred view.
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:41:46 -0500

>From: <joseph559@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Real Good Looking Boy-Another View
>
>Now...all of a sudden

You mean as a result of Pete's recent diary announcement?

>...people on this site...as well as others

So, wide spread?
Many?
Not just us?

>are hitting Peter Dennis Blandford Townshend

I'd never!

>for using the title "Real Good Looking Boy" as some sort of Jacksonian

DAMN! Don't you dare use Jackson and Townshend in the same sentence!
That's too close!
I've been fearing that some boob like Leno would raise the Pete stink again, in light of Jacko-wacko's recent troubles.
THEN, I see the front page of the NY Post.....
"WHO'S BAD?!"
I cringed!
Again, too close!
SHHHHHHHH!

>admission of pedophilia

Nonsense.
Whoops, I mean, that's crazy.

>when, as I stated before, we haven't even heard the song or the CD where the song is placed.
>Thus, we haven't had a chance to judge the merit of the music or its context within the upcoming >CD we are all anxiously awaiting.

I'm having fun with this, but that last part is starting to get annoying.
It's irrelevant to the discussion.
I'm sure the song will be fine.
It's the title!
It's the fear of what people will think, say, mock, joke....again...about the TITLE!

>Don't judge the book by the cover nor judge the title 'til we hear the song itself.

Tell that to the vast majority of the population that *will* "judge the book by the cover."
Hence, there is a cliche' that says just that.
Can you say "reality" ?

>From: SicilianMother@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Real Good Looking Boy-Another View
>
>Yes, yes YES!!!

Orgasm alert!

>Someone who thinks like I do. I was almost starting to
>question myself as to why I was the only one who felt this way. Thank you crazy
>Joe. I feel exactly the same way regarding this.

Yes, you're in good company.
We'll call you two "Crazy Joe-Jo".

>From: SicilianMother@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: CrazySineadWhoEquityWoodstock'98
>
><<It reads......and I'm not making this up....."Never neglect the quiet one."
>
>Wow.......that is very, very cool. Gave me chills.

Pretty bizarre, isn't it?

Occam's Razor.  Ha!
It was a message from John!
In my Chinese Food!

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Real Good Looking Boy-Another View
>
>Objection, your honor.  The *content* or *sound* of the song is not under
>question.  Only the title.
>
>"Sustained!"
>
>Thank you, your honor.

And, thank *you*, Prosecuting Attorney Schrade for your ability to stay focused on the real issue!

Spoke with "Stu in MD" last night.
His response to being told that Roger and Pete were in the studio and have recorded a new Who song:

"Really? That's great!"

His response to being told the name of the song:

"<chuckling> Ohhhh, no. Change the title!"

My response to him:

Thank you!

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: