Re: Real Good Looking Boy-Another View

> Let's see: "Mary Ann With the Shaky Hand" was about masturbation, but
> no one complained about that title then...or now.

Objection, your honor.  That song title wasn't known until the album
came out.  And there wasn't any public suspicion at the time concerning
Pete & "girls with shakey hands."

"Sustained!"

Thank you, your honor.

> "Rough Boys" was about homosexuality, yet no one complained about the
> subject matter then or now...especially in 1989 when Pete openly stated
> in an interview that he knew what it was like to "be a woman."

Objection, your honor.  I can provide several witnesses who made jokes
to me about Pete, concerning the "I know what it feels like to be a
woman" comment, along *with* comments regarding "Rough Boys."

"Sustained!"

Thank you, your honor.

> Another song specifically referred to a woman greeting him "with open
> legs" (You Better You Bet), but no one, not even the National Organi-
> zation of Women, berated Pete for using women as sex objects.

Objection, your honor.  I can provide a witness,a woman, who refuses to
listen to YBYB simply *because of* that particular line.

"Sustained!"

Thank you, your honor.

> as I stated before, we haven't even heard the song or the CD where the
> song is placed.

Objection, your honor.  The *content* or *sound* of the song is not under
question.  Only the title.

"Sustained!"

Thank you, your honor.

> Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the title of this one song should
> not again hoist Pete Townshend on the petard of pedophilia, especially
> since he is not guilty of any crime.

Ladies & gentlemen of the jury, Mr. Townshend has admitted to accessing
an illegal child porn site & has been placed on a Sexual Offenders list.
I ask you to consider the appropriateness of using the phrase "Real Good
Looking Boy" as the title of his new song.

Ask yourselves, ladies & gentlemen,....is that wise?  Will that help or
hinder his road to recovery?  And ask yourself if some Who fans are hon-
est & correct in feeling uncomfortable with this title.

(After only two hours of deliberation, the jury sides with the disgruntled
fans who don't like the title.)

- SCHRADE in Akron