Re: Real Good Looking Boy-Another View

Let's see: "Mary Ann With the Shaky Hand" was about masturbation, but no one complained about that title then...or now. "Rough Boys" was about homosexuality, yet no one complained about the subject matter then or now...especially in 1989 when Pete openly stated in an interview that he knew what it was like to "be a woman." Another song specifically referred to a woman greeting him "with open legs" (You Better You Bet), but no one, not even the National Organization of Women, berated Pete for using women as sex objects.

Now...all of a sudden...people on this site...as well as others are hitting Peter Dennis Blandford Townshend for using the title "Real Good Looking Boy" as some sort of Jacksonian admission of pedophilia when, as I stated before, we haven't even heard the song or the CD where the song is placed. Thus, we haven't had a chance to judge the merit of the music or its context within the upcoming CD we are all anxiously awaiting. RGLB may be a part of a concept CD which we will hear at the RAH next March. Who knows? But the main thing is: Don't judge the book by the cover nor judge the title 'til we hear the song itself.

There once was a note. Listen, yall. There is a concept in the law we attorneys use called: res ipsa loquitur. It's Latin for "let the evidence speak for itself." Let Pete's music speak for itself once he releases it. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the title of this one song should not again hoist Pete Townshend on the petard of pedophilia, especially since he is not guilty of any crime. You all are...or are supposed to be intelligent people...now act like it...and let this man use his artistic talents as God gave him those talents to use. And you...as intelligent people...quit criticizing those qualities...and support the artist at a time when he needs your support the most.

Thank you.

Crazy Joe.