Re: WHO Equity

> I bought my first vinyl boot in 88 I think 30 bucks....wonder if one day they
>  will be worth anything?

Actually, the value of vinyl boots has dropped somewhat in the last 5 -10
years.  At the best, their value has remained the same.  The reason:  the
internet, eBay, etc.

In the "old days" vinyl boots could only be found at used record stores &
record conventions.  Dealers could charge $30.00 - $50.00 for them.

In the late '80s, I paid $50.00 for the GONNA RAPE YOU 3-record '79
boot.  Most vinyl boots at record conventions & stores were priced in the
$20.00 - $30.00 range.  I remember the excitement if I ever found a Who
vinyl boot priced at $8.00 or $10.00 (usually, these were single record
boots).

Now you can find vinyl boots quite readily on eBay, & they usually sell in
the $10.00 - $20.00 range.  Some may reach late-'80s prices, but most fall
short.

But hang on to those vinyl boots!  I'm sure in 150 - 200 years things will
turn around & their value will increase!

- SCHRADE in Akron