Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #337

Everyone involved in this discussion has said quite a lot about Pete's
decision to title the new song, "The Sexy Boy in Tight Jeans". <<

Jim - this stuff was brilliant. Made me laugh and made me re-think my own inclination to shrug off the Pete-as-paedophile row as "yesterday's news".

I *still* feel we all bring our own (hyper) sensitivities about the isue to bear on how we view Pete's moves, but I *can* see how much of a worry it is to so many of us.

Let's face it though - given Pete's track record (hmmm...) any new "Who" album may well not see the light of day for many, many years to come.

And even if Roger *does* force him into getting the new stuff out by next year, that's still some time away.

As each day passes, memories fade. Besides, it's small beer compared to the flak that's flying round Michael Jackson right now. (And, as an aside, if Pete's own troubles have taught me one lesson, it's to wait until the facts are clear before shooting off my mouth with any judgemental crap - oh please let me learn that lesson, please!!)

As for stirring up any fresh debate over President Bush - not my intention. I can assure you I feel as much distate for our own lying toad of a Prime Minister (damn!!! - there I go again!!!) ...

Finally, I've really enjoyed the crack/ debate recently - which is why I've posted again. I'll shoot back to the shadows now, where I feel safer. And I can also work on keeping my big mouth shut...

Cheers,

Simon

Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now! http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963