'Daltrey Sings Townshend' Composer Dies

Movie composer Kamen dies at 55

Grammy-winning composer Michael Kamen has died of a suspected heart attack
at his home in London.

Kamen, 55, was best known for his movie soundtracks as well as his work
with bands such as Aerosmith and Pink Floyd.

His most recent award was in 2001 when he won a Grammy for his work on
Metallica's song The Call of Ktulu.

In 1992 he was nominated for an Oscar for Bryan Adams' song (Everything I
Do) I Do it For You, from the film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Four years later he picked up a further nomination, again for work with
Adams, for the song Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman, from the film Don
Juan DeMarco.

Kamen also worked on the orchestral arrangements for Pink Floyd's 1979
album The Wall, and worked with the band on the albums The Final Cut and
The Division Bell.

He also worked with the London Philharmonic Orchestra, jazz saxophonist
David Sanborn, and rock stars Sting, Rod Stewart, David Bowie and Eric
Clapton.

Kamen also won a Grammy in 1996 for best instrumental arrangement on An
American Symphony, inspired by his work on Richard Dreyfuss' musical drama
Mr Holland's Opus.

Inspired by the film, Kamen set up a charity to make musical instruments
available to children.

He leaves a wife and two children.

- SCHRADE in Akron