Roger's "Certified Rose"

> > "Certified Rose."
>
> Thanks.  Do we know if it has anything to do with "The Boy Who Heard
> Music?"

I don't think it does.  All we know is that it's a "ballad" &, I guess,
a Daltrey original. (!)  There was sheet music to the song that was
originally planned to be auctioned with Entwistle's estate items but
I think they were pulled before the auction began.

Here's a quote from a June 14, 2002 Pete diary:

"We broke through a great barrier yesterday when we played Roger's lovely
new song Certified Rose. It is a ballad. He has written a lot of rockers,
but this is the one I personally loved the most. It reminds me very much
of some of the more tender songs written by my old friend the late Ronnie
Lane of The Faces. I look forward to playing it live. Today I hope we can
scrub the edges of a song I wrote in 95 about Elvis called Good Looking
Boy. Wouldn't it be great if some future Who album had the comfortable and
solid feel of Rough Mix?"

So,...."Real Good Looking Boy" was written way back in '95.

> Is Pete expecting Roger to come up with a large part of the material?
> Does Roger actually think he's capable of that?  Because I see no reason
> to think that, at age 58(ish), he's suddenly going to turn into a
> songwriter.

I'm sure Pete realizes that he, himself, has to come up with the bulk of
any new Who material.  But don't sell Roger short. (!)  He can & *has*
written songs in the past.

- SCHRADE in Akron