Re: more O'Reilly nonsense

> Mc:
>
> YOU were BRAGGING about getting drunk and letting
> people hit you in the face! How does identifying this
> mindset as part of your method of reasoning (I use the
> term loosely) constitute an attack?

Because it is totally irrelevant.  You ever get drunk or high and do something stupid?  Does illegal drug use (something far worse than I ever did), for example, disqualify one from having a legitimate political opinion?  I believe that I stated that the things I did were stupid drunken antics, but thought people here might find it in some way humorous.  I have received phone calls from a certain member on this list (to remain nameless)while drunk at ridiculous times of night (once at 4am), but I talked to him/her, made no judgments nor discouraged him/her from doing this again, and don't critique his/her opinions based on this.  Yours was a cheap shot which had absolutely nothing to do with my views on anything. In short, your behavior is despicable.

> I'm merely trying to keep things in the proper perspective. To be fair,
> you know? Maybe you don't, given your hero clearly
> O'Reilly does not.

Ah, I see.  Rather than take on the content of my statements, you try to discredit me personally by bringing up things that haven't been mentioned here (other than by you) in several years.  I can't say I am surprised, as this is your M.O.  Your distortion of facts is so obvious it would be funny if not so sad.  You interpret a simple defense of O'Reilly not being a nazi, which he surely is not, and turn him somehow into my hero.  It is laughable.

You have taken our little off list debate and are somehow trying to score points here.  It's pitiful.  Remember, YOU were the one who commented on O'Reilly's politics, after I simply posted an observation that he is a Who fan after hearing ATD on his radio show.  In the future, if you feel the need to engage me in more political discussions, just continue your usual barrage of propaganda.

Mc

PS- What does unemployment rate measure, again?