Re: In-The-Running Jones

> > John Paul Jones was being seriously considered for the "Who" album
> > and tour.
>
> This would do it for me.  I *hope* that it's true.  They could use
> another brilliant musician in the band.

And maybe, after they get John Paul Jones in the band, the could get
*Kenney* Jones back in the band!  Two Joneses!

< insert Grace Jones joke here >

> And, he's my favorite bass player.

Psssphlllltfffffttt!  (Coffee spit all over desk)  JPJ is your favorite?
Above OX?!  Above The OX?!  Jon, how *dare* you.....

> *He* would compliment Zak greatly.

I'd be happy with JPJ in the fold.  It would generate a lot of publicity.
And Pino bores me.  Pino's bass playing is so......light.  Too soft.
Too basic.

But, I have a feeling the JPJ rumor is just that:  a rumor.  It'd be
nice, but.....

> Three of my favorite 5 groups would be represented on stage.

Three?  OK.  Who, Zep, &.......?  Not Beatles.  Zak can't be considered a
representative of the Beatles.  Or have I got it wrong?

> He ain't no joke.

Of course not.  I've *never* heard disparaging comments made about JPJ.
A very well-respected musician.  Seems a decent bloke, as well.

> He was the first that came to my mind.  There wasn't a second.

Mine was Mike Watt, ex-Minutemen bassist & solo recording "dude" ("artist"
is too fancy a word for Mike Watt).  He filled in on bass for the last
Iggy Pop & the Stooges tour.

Blistering, crazy, expressive, meat-and-potatoes bass playing.  Like
Zak on drums, Mike Watt is a *monster* on bass.  But not in a dick-head,
goofy way like say.....Flea.  Mike Watt is down to earth.  One of the
lads.  A regular dude.  Alas, probably too obscure to ever play with
the 'Orrible 'Oo.

But he was *my* first choice.

- SCHRADE in Akron