The endless discussion

> are getting at in the matter.  Sounds to me like you
> are all getting NO WHERE!

Suzanne:

That's how it appears to me as well.

> personally think that that is probably the Who's
> worst creation.

Worse than Did You Steal My Money? I dunno...

> What is an eminent front anyway?

Putting up a front that one has emimence.

> And let's not forget "Foxy Lady" was written about
> Heather, Roger's wife.

I didn't know that.

> Or are we now suppressing peoples opinions?

Kevin:

Ask the creators of "The Reagans" why the Pubs think
they have the right to "approve" a TV show. And jeers
to CBS for bowing to the Nazis. So I guess the answer
to your question is: some are suppressing people's
opinions now. It's acceptable. It's hip.

> Who is saying he's a pedophile?

What are you saying, then? If he went to the site(s)
multiple times, what is he? According to what you're
saying here. Once you say what he is, that should end
the discussion (I hope). I don't know what he
is...other than a guy on the computer who went
somewhere he shouldn't have. It's happened to me. It's
probably happened to most everyone here.

> So please, stop implying that we are.

I'm trying to figure out WHAT you are saying. That his
statements are consistant? Well...

> Are you saying Pete did *nothing* wrong?

No one has done NOTHING wrong. But having done wrong,
does that mean he did wrong HERE?

> That's what Jo's saying.

What, am I guilty by association? I don't flip people
off. I just say it when I mean it, you know.

> for pointing it out.  What was that?  A bi-polar
> moment?

Is it bi-polar, for a moment? Hey, as you know I've
faced worse harrassment on this list from real mental
cases.

> Roger even admits Pete was wrong.
> *Pete* even admits he was wrong.

And we talked about all of this at length MONTHS ago.

> IT MIGHT NOT!

(sigh)

> I find it more interesting and relevant though than
> startrek, religion,
> personal tragedy stories, or even politics and the
> economy, to be honest.

Endlessly??? You're comparing isolated references or
individual posts to a thread that's gone on for
months.

> Where is all this bad intent??

Show me where it's not. The beginning of the
discussion was: Pete's statements aren't consistant
with what he said before. That certainly suggests bad
intent. Then you said you don't accept the "Pete is
never consistant" explanation. So where does that
leave us? In negative territory, to say the least.

> This *is* a Who discussion list after all.

I just don't see the point of this discussion, that's
all I'm saying. It goes on and goes no where. Either
Pete is a pedophile or he isn't, and if he isn't then
why worry about where he went online? That's my point.

> Why does this bug you so much?

Because it's well covered ground. Damn, turf doesn't
cover like this thread, you know?

> Jimi was a great songwriter.
> "Click bang, what a hang......."

Great song, but it can't touch "UV light making
starshine of her smile..." To be fair, Hendrix didn't
have but 3 LPs before he died. But comparing My
Generation to the other albums of the time, then
comparing Are You Experienced (sounds a lot like
Cream)...and it's easy to see the difference in levels
of creativity.

> Yeah, but Brian Wilson wasn't nearly the guitarist,
> or performer that Pete was/is.

As I said, I'd say Wilson ONLY if forced to say
someone. Actually I don't think there's an American
musician that compares to Pete.

> That's how it comes across to me, too, when people
> try to pick apart
> comments looking to discover technical
> inconsistencies that might indicate
> Pete's lying.  I think that's the "bad intent"
> AquaLeaman was talking about.

Jim M:

("gasp!") No, I've always hated Aquaman. He talks to
fish...big deal. What a power...let's ask him to join
the SUPERFRIENDS! And that metrosexual-looking
outfit...I can't see myself in orange.

=====
Just say Yes to Wes!

        Cheers         Mark Leaman