Re: Monsters and Gods

From: "Kevin O'Neal" <kevinandt@xxxxxxxxx>

There's that assume word....you know the rest.

Well, at least you realize we're *both* asses.

No, Jim, I wasn't trying to piss her off, thank you.

Not seriously. Just as friends do, before the second one tells the first to fuck off. Kind of like Pete and the "get on with it" guy. No?

Consistency is something we should all be working toward.

Sorry, I must have been asleep in class. We got homework?

That's called trying to lighten the mood, there Jim-m-m-m-m.

Hey, I'm all for that. But, you really don't think it's a little callous to clip the very sentence where she reveals that and turn it into a lesbian joke? I guess it's just me, then.

And, ya know...I don't give a rats ass what you think.

Obviously.

So, fuck my ass to pieces for trying to bring the list back to a more
humorous place.

Not really my thing, but if you're going to beg for it...

Someone posts about something bad in their lives, and we're now all
obligated to give out apologies??

Yes, Kevin, that's *exactly* what I was saying.

Fuck that.

Give me a minute, I just got through with your ass.

I, for one, didn't see it coming. and feel it was out of line.
I'm sooooo sorry it offended your delicate sensibilities.

That's true. At least no one gave me the finger. That would have *really* offended me, being so fragile and deliicate. Ah, there's that consistency I'm supposed to be striving for.

Here's a thought, why don't you butt out?

Cause if you didn't want anyone to comment on it, you should have kept it private. Or do we need your permission to address you, Your Highness?

Getting the idea that there's more here than meets your eye, Jim?

There always is, isn't there? We're up to 11 dimmensions, and counting.

>that might indicate Pete's lying.

I believe my very first (the first!) post about this stated "I'm not saying
anyone is lying or anything."

I apologize, then. I still think you're putting these statements under way to much of a microscope, as if they're a scientific theory that needs to be entirely consistent or else it fails.

Jim, you have your opinion, and that's fine.
You've shown from day one of this whole ordeal, that you have no interest in
really understanding the situation.
And, that's fine too.

I don't need to re-crerate the situation like I'm investigating the Space Shuttle crash, if that's what you mean.

So, now, before you go pointing the finger at me for thinking things are
unclear, go read Alan's most recent post.
That's all I've ever said.

This one? -- "My remaining question is, why didn't Pete make this statement in January 2003 instead of October, as it seems to clear up the whole thing and exonerate him completely? At least, a lot of commentators have said as much.
<clip>
According to his "Detail" diary entry he gave $5 to people who maintained listings of sites where such images could be found. Not necessarily the same as giving $5 to those who directly produce the images. Again, how could this "detail" be missed for 9 months??
<clip>
Also, Pete claims that what he did was not illegal at the time. Ex post facto laws are unconstitutional in the U.S....are they allowed in the U.K.? "

Going by memory, I thought we knew very early that Pete paid the "portal" site (landslide), not an actual porn site. I also thought earlier statements had already mentioned that he believed it was not illegal at the time. Actually, I thought there was very little new informatioin in that diary. The actual dollar amount of the transaction was news to me. Also, he did go into more detail about *exactly* what type of material was shown at each stage. He now says that he was collecting info about listings, not images, but he insisted from the start that he *never* downloaded images. What was the earth shattering bit I missed that would have made everything OK had it been known at the outset?

How's the view from up there...on your high horse?

I must be lookinig off the wrong end.

Jim M

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays! Snappier product search... http://shopping.msn.com