Eminence Front

>From: "Sue Tal"
>
>Also, someone mentioned that they really thought alot about "Eminent
Front".
>Maybe whoever that was can enlighten me about that possibility, cuz I
>personally think that that is probably the Who's worst creation.  What do
>you see in it that I don't?  What is an eminent front anyway?

It's *Eminence* Front, and it's when someone tries to be something they're
not.
You know, a put on.
And, it's one of the greatest examples of John's bass prowess that I can
think of.
Well, Heaven and Hell jumps to mind, as do others.
Not to mention the overpowering message to people to BE REAL!

I love the song.
To quote Chris Charlesworth, "It's really no surprise that the best track on
'It's Hard', Eminence Front, is actually more a Townshend solo effort than a
band recording."
It's about "putting on a facade to hide behind."

Kevin in VT