Re: Re-Pete; Staying the downward spiral

> You mean like high maintenance?  ;-o

Scott:

Low maintenance, high tech.

> ??  I don't have cable.  I know:  "Get with the
> times."

Or get a DVD player. As I said, the show's been
cancelled.

> Yes & no.  He wants to put it all behind him & yet
> he still worries
> about public & fan reaction to the whole mess.

Then he needs to learn that mentioning it again just
makes things worse.

> Knowing the facts is "bad intent?"

Examining them as if he's trying to hide or lie about
something, yes.

> Your "bad intent" statement leads me to believe that
> you feel if the truth
> comes out, Pete will look guilty.

No, more like if you assume bad intent, you can find
it in just about anything. I look at what he said with
good intent, and therefore it doesn't concern me.

> Er.....Keith makes a couple of mistakes & never
> really gets into the
> groove of the song.  It's not a great performance
> even by mistake-prone
> Who standards.

I disagree.

>> Listen towards the end when Moonie either misses
his

If a "perfect" drummer is what I was looking for, I
guess I'd like Rush. But I don't.

> It's just that many people talk like that
> HTTB YMB is the
> greatest thing since sliced bread when it's really
> only the *least bad*
> of the two studio versions they worked on.

I don't think one can have the proper perspective,
having heard it live (more powerfully) before you
heard the more relaxed studio version.

> Hey!  I read "Stranger In a Strange Land!"  (Years
> ago.)  ;-p

They've expanded it out to the original full length,
and it's worth checking out.

> That reminds me of back in the good 'ole days, my
> gullfriends gave me a
> bachelorette party and they hired this fantastic Rod
> Stewart look alike that
> stripped after he got done singing!  Oh, to be
> innocent again!!!

Jo:

Oh, not to be nauseaous again. Thanks loads for the
image.

> I believe I have the original CD release of 'Tommy,'
> but I've never gotten real confirmation as to it.

Anna:

It was two single disc boxes. Later rereleased as a
double box, then the MFSL gold disc, then a few
different remasters including one Pete himself
remastered, then the remix. Now this Tommy D.

> suspected I got the original because it's only got
> song lyrics and some pictures for liner notes, and

That's probably the remaster. But you can know for
sure if there's no faces on the front cover between
the lattice.

> (God, Mark's gotta be lovin' this thread that's
> opened up!)

Scott:

How did you guess.

> Now you're making assumptions, Jo.

You are also assuming a lot, like that the legal
department is clearing his diary statements.

> I think you're all very ungrateful.  got your 96 CD?
> good! keep it.  think of
> what you get with the deluxe?

Worse sound quality? It's hard to be grateful when we
are made to believe we're getting "deluxe" and instead
we get "inferior." Yeah, the bonus tracks are nice but
the mix is odd and not as good as the unreleased
bootleg versions and already released version (Cousin
Kevin Problem Child).
So I was expecting the advance we got with the other
three Deluxe releases and didn't get it. I feel
obligated to point out to anyone who has not bought it
exactly what they are getting.

> pete to HIS liking

I think perhaps he should stick to writing. His other
production, the Tommy LAL, isn't that great sounding
either. He has tinnitous, don't forget. He might not
be the best person to make these decisions.

> That's exactly what I said.  An annualized rate of
> 7.2%.

Alan:

The way people say things is as important as what they
say. The economy grew at 1.8%, that's all. That's what
actually happened. Putting it otherwise is to
misrepresent it. It's expected to drop back next
quarter, too.

> You should be, although obviously I can't make you.

Yeah, impressed with an artifical "growth spurt" along
the lines of an economy that forced Reagan to use the
phrase "stay the course" as his 1984 campaign line?
Nah.

> grew 5%, and the world average was 4.8%.  7.2% is
> BIG.

Tell that to the people out of work or working for
less.

> I think this is the five blind men looking at the
> elephant.

All I have to say is "Stay the course." Oh, and "Those
who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat
it."

> woe more vividly.

I remember EXACTLY what was going on.

> It's not clear to me that deficit spending makes
> rich people richer,

Who got the vast majority of tax breaks (something
like 70%) which created said deficits?

> but even if that were true, where do you think the
> 3.2 million jobs
> will come from, if not "the rich people"

Nice theory, but the "rich people" often invest their
money in non-job creating ways (now that they don't
have to pay tax on that EITHER) or offshore. Gore
wanted targetting tax cuts which create jobs. That
makes a HELL of a lot more sense.

>  Would you rather
> have the government create the jobs

Don't give me the "party line," it's too utterly
transparent. I'd like to see a bit of honesty and
fairplay, and we aren't going to get that until after
Clark is President.

> "start" to return to "a decent level" just means
> you'll never be satisfied

You assume too much. I mean a living wage. But see, I
understand intimately this since my wife's company
moved overseas two years ago and she was forced to
take a job making 12k less a year. She's not on
unemployment. But economically we've taken a
fair-sized hit. This while putting a daughter through
college and sales spiraling downward in my store. This
is happening ALL OVER the country, people making less
or having to take two jobs to survive. Hours getting
cut back, benefits being dropped. It's not a
"recovery," it's a travesty. So sue me for being a
realist and not simply regurgitating what FNN says.

> If you say so.

I'm being told so by people all over the country. From
California to New Hampshire to Colorado to Texas. I
have a friend who moved to Texas for a job that turned
out to not be there when he got there, spent 6 months
looking (Fort Worth) and this is a man with a Masters
in business and much experience, and now he's moving
back to MB.

> I haven't been paying attention.
> But it looks like
> it's under your nose with this latest announcement.

Yeah, even if history says otherwise. And even these
pro-Bush economists are saying there'll be no
significant job creation until after the election.
Bottom line: Senator, it's no recovery no matter how
many times they repeat the mantra.

> lot of stuff.  Since I am a little techinically
> challenged, I am getting
> pretty frustrated w/that!  Any suggestions?

Suzanne:

Try Spybot. But most likely you're going to need a
little one on one from a tech.

=====
Just say Yes to Wes!

        Cheers         Mark Leaman