Re: Can we see the real Pete??

Dear Scott,

When I started this thread, talking about us trying to read into Pete's mind,
like we know him personally, I was not speaking specifically about the
pedophile issue.  I have moved on past that pretty much, we all have to a certain
degree.  I was speaking about his diary posts in general, whether it be about
his future plans, his mother, the weather or his legal problems regarding his
arrest.  But, I was not talking about the arrest specifically.

For the record, when I heard Pete was arrested, I remember  I was not sipping
tea, but, after my heart stopped, my jaw hit the floor,  I started crying,
which went to sobbing and then went hysterical on the verge of hyper ventilating
while calling Jon in Mi.(done only in such emergencies), jumping up and down
yelling it's not fair!!! The rest is a blur, but it wasn't pretty .  I wasn't
crying  because I thought he might have done it.  It was because I knew he
didn't, because I had known about A Different Bomb for a long time, like you, but
it hit so close to home (most of you know my story). The thought never
crossed my mind that he went on a child porno site to get off.  Not once. I
personally don't get angry knowing he went there, paid, but did it to educate himself
so he could better understand the victims he was trying to help.  That makes
200% sense to me.  But, I know we don't want to re-hash that whole business.

"Can you see the real Pete" is about us taking the step past reading his
words/lyrics to thinking we know him well enough to accurately read his mind or
read between his lines.  Unless we know the geezer, like Matt Kent, we need to
be careful and really think before we make the jump to feeling like we know the
man personally, just because we are such loyal fans.  If we met him, and we
said "I love you man!" (think the Coors commercial), he'd be like "that's nice,
call security!!".  The truth hurts!

On a personal note: Scott, I am the only woman person albeit female Who fan,
I know who thinks it is kinda cool for you to hang Who posters in your house!
I am not as bold however to hang them, in my living room or kitchen, so I
have them hung in strategic places for my enjoyment only.  hehehe  Good luck if
you think your going to find a woman in this lifetime (not that I am saying
your are looking) that is going to allow THAT!  Unless she see's your good
points. High five!.

I went to bed, but was awoken with bad dreams.  Now I can go back to bed, I
think.

Sincerely,
Johanna