Can we see the real Pete??

In a message dated 11/2/2003 8:32:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
schrade@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>> Don't you think he (Pete) wants to move on?

>Yes & no.  He wants to put it all behind him & yet he still worries
>about public & fan reaction to the whole mess.  He worries enough
>to post corrections as to what he sees as incorrect assumptions.

Scott,

 I write this with the utmost respect and I am not just talking only you, for
I am guilty of doing this myself recently too.  But, there is something that
has been bugging me lately and your above statement is kind of an example of
it (again, not picking on you).

Us fans, think that we know Pete so well, that we know what he thinks, what
he worries about, what he feels about the past, present and future.  But, the
plan fact of the matter is, we don't know, unless we know him personally and he
has spoken to us directly.

Sure, we listen to his lyrics, we read his diary posts and also any
interviews he has given.  But, it is.........I can't think of the big word here to use,
but it isn't right or fair to think that we know why he is saying what is
saying, or writing or posting on his website and what it REALLY means.

I for one enjoy trying to read into what he is saying, like of alot of you
out there.  But, it is only speculation and I wouldn't put any bets on the
accuracy of it.

 I want to as add that I believe that we, as a group, are the good guys (Who
freaks yes, but not militant).  The last thing we would ever want to do is
hurt Pete, but not all fans out there are like that. So, I think because  Pete
doesn't know anything about us he isn't going togroup to  h (how I do wish he
could know and appreciated loyalty).

My son is screaming in my ear about getting off restriction and I can't put
any more coherent thoughts together to edit this at the moment so I am going to
hit send........GRRRRRR............

I am not saying that anyone has said they REALLY know what he is thinking.
But we act (insert big word I can't think of here) if we think he is trying to
convey some deep message through these tiny blurbs to US, who are complete
strangers to him.  I know he probably cares about his fans, in general (dare I
say and our wallets?), we are a loyal bunch we are.  But, I think, like the rest
of us, he has family, life-long friends, even business people etc., that are
on the inside and those are the ones that he is communicating with.

Prove me wrong...........  :)

Jo