Re: Absorption aka "This is the end/My only friend the end..."

>Shouts to me clearly the gravity of the pedophile situation.

>Who tunes priority #1 for Pete now? I hardly think so.

> I agree. I can only see Roger wanting to do this. I see Pete
sanctioning a tour only in ideal conditions. These are not ideal.

Kevin, Scott & Joe:

It has to end sometime. If I'd had my drithers, it would have been when John died. But even before this, every time they went out as The Who it was at the risk of lowering the bar. Call me a snob but I liked the idea of The Who going out with heads held high, nothing to be ashamed of (performancewise), and that perfect moment was after the Concert For NYC.

But really, what's lost if they never go out again? If we're left with the legacy of their music and (hopefully) a bit more more live and rare material being released.

>I mean, he's always claimed to have felt somewhat foolish singing & playing Who songs anyway.

Yeah, try to imagine a performance of "I'm A Boy" or "The Kids Are Alright." Not a pretty picture.

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.