Re: Absorption

> -The Who may be over, "or we may have to let it sit for a few years."
> I know it's not Roger or Pete making that statement, but it's still
> pretty telling.  Shouts to me clearly the gravity of the pedophile
> situation.

Yes it does.  Plus, we have to ask ourselves:  As a person who's just
gone through all that shit, is getting back on stage & bashing out
Who tunes priority #1 for Pete now?  I hardly think so.

I mean, he's always claimed to have felt somewhat foolish singing & play-
ing Who songs anyway.  How would he feel jumping around on stage now,
putting himself in front of large audiences, after what he's gone through?

His quote about walking around his neighborhood & looking people in the
eye is very telling.  I think he's worried about his immediate environment;
his neighborhood, his family, his close friends, etc.  Subjecting him-
self to another U.S. tour at this moment in time almost seems ridiculous.
Perhaps we may get a solo show or two.

He did his thing for The Who in 2000 & 2002.  Daltrey got some money.
OX got some money (Sadly, he didn't have much time to spend it - "Now I'm
too dead to enjoy my money.")  The Who camp got some money.  Pete stated
he did it all for them anyway.  Why go out on tour again?

I must admit, I'm not too upset at the thought of no more Who tours.
That 2002 tour without The OX was rough.  Not sound-wise, but emotional-
wise.

I'd be happy if (1.)Pete finished & released his autobiography & (2.)
they concentrated on releasing some of the stuff "in the vaults."  Doesn't
that sound easier?  For us *and* Pete?

- SCHRADE in Akron