Our expectations

As I considered the activity on the list this past week/month a few thoughts
came to mind.

I really thought about the things that Scott and Kevin were trying to say
instead of reacting to it by defending Pete.  I have my own feelings and thoughts
but others have theirs as well.  I too am thankful for the open expressions
by all.

I just went to a restaurant by myself and ate.  I read a few chapters in a
book that I am reading and then the thought hit me that possibly Kevin's,
Scott's, and Ken's (and others) expectations of Pete may be higher than mine. Maybe
that is where the disappointment is rooted and the frustrations are manifested
from.  I am sorry if I seemed to discount that.  You don't get that hurt by
someone that you don't care about.  I feel as though in eyes of many, Pete let
them down.

Pete is much like we are, otherwise why do we pay so much attention to him?
The mirror thing...  He is an expression of what we would like to express and
this time it looks pretty creepy to others that don't understand.  It makes us
look bad because we mirror one another.

Personally, while I am a Who fan and a Pete fan, I am also a Godman.  Pete
was the hero of my youth, but I  now know that he is just a man with weaknesses
just like me. In my natural self, I would love to do the things he does in The
Who.  But it ain't real.  I know this.  This is why I am not surprised that
he made a personal mistake. I respect him highly as a person and the main
reason I do is because he doesn't let his great intelligence stop him from being
open to the meaning of human life. He pays the price for this. Even Roger said
that "If we ever find out what the meaning of human life is..." which is very
refreshing to hear.

I would like to offer my ear some more to you guys.  No strategy.  No sides.
No manipulation.  I'm sorry if I have treated anyone as if they don't have the
right to feel hurt by this.  I'm just being honest with how I feel as well.

I could be totally wrong.

Jon in Mi.