Re: pete look alike

What about Ralph Fiennes in James Cameron Strange Days, realistic/futuristic production staring Juliete Lewis (she is the hottest) in which there is a virtual technology plot obviously inspired (but not credited) in Pete Townshend' s Lifehouse. Ralph Fiennes looks like exactly the mid's 70 long hair and beard PT. The squib technology is fascinating, in which pornography drives the market (parallels with the internet?). It's the story of a lovesick ex-cop, turned virtual-reality junkie and civil rights advocate in a amazing "what if" scenario. It is unfortunate that this movie wasn't promoted well, 'cause it had a very touchy and emotional story to be turned in a huge box success - great film!

From: nostems@compuserve.com
To: "INTERNET:TheWho@igtc.com" <TheWho@igtc.com>
Subject: pete look alike
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 19:42:56 -0400

Jeff, AEB, and Fraser,

In regards to your Pete look alike for a movie...I am particularly struck
by how much Adrien Brody has the look of a
young Pete.  I first noticed him in Spike Lee's Summer of Sam with the
noticeable Who content and his character, if I recall correctly, of a
pseudo-punk.  His last night appearance on Sat night Live confirmed that
his lankiness and schnoze would provide a striking resemblence.

Greg