Pete's Email To Rolling Stone

>Subject: Pete's Email To Rolling Stone
>From: "Scott Schrade"
>
>I am going to complete my autobiography, Pete Townshend (who he?).  I put
it down
>and did not plan to finish it until much later.  But now I am going to push
ahead until
>it is done.

I can understand that.

>I am also going to get up and play just as soon as I can.

Glad to hear you still have balls.

>Finally, I'm going out onto the street to meet people, to smile and shake
hands with
>everyone who has been supportive of me in my hometown.

Calling for a plane ticket as I write.

> But also to give those
>people who are "undecided" a chance to look me in the eye and make their
own
>decision.

Don't smoke any dope before going out.  If you do, use some Visene

>Going on TV won't help me.  I'm too wounded, too crazy, too happy and
grateful,
>too resentful and too busy.

Probably for the best right now.

>Who fans?  I hope that life will go on as usual.

Now what the hell does that mean?
Anyone?
Is that kind of an apology?
Like, I hope this doesn't fuck with you too much?
Is that an acknowledgement that he understands this is effecting us too??
Anyone?
That's the only thing I can make out of it.

Come on Pete.  You got the right idea.  Let those "poetic softy" thoughts
take control from those "aggressive guitar buster" thoughts.
We got to stick together through this!
My hands open, just reach for it!

>Roger has been a rock.

Hasn't he always.

Got a question for ya...
Why you writing Rolling Stone, and not us via your grid portal??
Why you messin' with our minds like this, you, you.........crafty dog you??
What are we to make of this?

Kevin in VT