Re: Sticking to the facts

keets wrote: >>As for why Pete made this distinction,
I'd guess he listed what he had done in order to show
that his investigations had been limited.

I've sort of forgotten why we're beating this
particular point to death--the problem with
discussions that extend over a week or so, I guess.<<

Ah, c'mon keets.  You're the one who said you were
ingrained with a competitive streak and you can't even
follow the thread of an argument you started?  The
reason we're beating this to death is because you draw
a conclusion based on erroneous facts or split hairs,
then you shift your position and never respond
directly when challenged.

>>Again, we're not talking about something that
happened last fall.<<

Um, no.  What we're talking about unfolded over the
last several years and is still in the middle of
playing out.  *Because* Pete (and you) are trying to
play both sides of the fence in arguing *now* that
it's OK for a porn crusader to visit an illegal child
abuse site.  When *prior* to January 11th, he argued
that this action actually supported the pornographers.
And you continue to make all sorts of silly arguments
that it's *OK* as long as one is looking merely at
"front doors, previews, window dressing," etc.
For example:

>>The number of hits these sites are getting from real
child porn fans is certainly enough to keep the porn
flowing--recall that Reedy was sponsoring more than
5000 sites and making millions of dollars a MONTH. A
few innocent researchers (or gawkers) aren't going to
make that much difference in demand, and certainly not
enough to justify the kind of censure this has
drawn--it would be a drop in the bucket.<<

OK, so it's acceptable to look *just a little* now so
long as your motives are pure?  Seems to me up until
January 11th Pete and anyone with a passing knowledge
of child sex abuse and the Internet realized that even
*a little is enough* to validate the entire sordid
industry.

This kind of post-January 11th prevaricating is what
grieves me more than *anything* that came before.

=====
"I've always been into pornography and I have used it all my life."
PETE TOWNSHEND.
.
.
.