Re: Moon Bio

> He makes a point to show Keith romancing her, but at a time in the story
> where Keith is not losing his grip, he takes a touching situation and
> mentions the abuse that cropped up later on in their life.

I haven't read the book since it came out but weren't there some early
indications of Moon's violent behavior, such as the time he angrily showed
up at one of Kim's photo shoots & pulled her away because he was jealous?
That happened early on in their relationship, if I remember correctly.

I didn't have the same reaction you had when I read the book.  I thought
it was fairly balanced.  I'd rather have the dark side of Moon (!) dis-
cussed rather than glossed over.  But I don't remember thinking that
Fletcher was dwelling on the subject, or sensationalizing it.

Besides, that aspect of Moon's life (domestic violence) was somewhat of a
revelation to me (I mean, I knew Moon was a violent individual but I didn't
know he was slapping the wife around on occasion) so I was OK with the fact
that it was discussed in detail.  Hey, it's part of who he was.

- SCHRADE in Akron