Re: Happy Birthday Pete!

In a message dated 5/18/2003 7:58:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pkeets@hotmail.com writes:

> Many happy returns to the birthday boy!  For the occasion, I'd like to post
> a poem attributed to Mother Theresa.
>
> :)
> keets
>

> DO IT ANYWAY

Thank You Lela and Andy.  I enjoyed what you both shared on this occasion. I
was feeling a bit down and reading your posts made my day.

I would like to add to it something from a book that I sent to Pete (and
received confirmation) last November:

IMPOSSIBLE WITH MAN BUT POSSIBLE WITH GOD

"God always tells us to do what we cannot do and to live a life which we
cannot live.

Every morning, I wake up to thank and praise God because it is another day
for Him to perform His miracles.  In the evening I thank and praise Him  for
the miracles He has performed that day.

Today God is enabling me to endure what I otherwise could not endure.

He is enabling me to love what I otherwise could not love.

He is enabling me to do what I otherwise could not do and to act the way
which I otherwise could not act.

Thank and praise Him.  Every day we experience the words: 'The things that
are impossible with men are possible with God'"  Watchman Nee.  1935

Sail on, Pete!

Jon in Mi.