Happy Birthday Pete!

Happy birthday to my favorite songwriter, inspiration to my art. In honor of this 19th day of a spring day in May, allow me to share some uplifting words from Meher Baba:

The Inquisitive and Doubting Man

Once an inquisitive and doubting man went to the Perfect Master and said, 'You, being Perfect, ought to know the thoughts of others. What am I thinking just now?' The Master replied, 'You are thinking that which you ought not to have thought of, and asking that which you ought not to have asked. Had you come with an open mind and curbed tounge you would have recieved that what you have ought to have recieved, instead of this well-deserved rebuke.'

Stages Of Love

When lust goes love appears; and out of love comes longing. In love there can never be satisfaction, for longing increases till it becomes an agony which ceases only in Union. Nothing but union with the Beloved can satisfy the lover.
The Way of Love is a continual sacrifice; and what gets sacrificed are the lover's thoughts of 'I', until at last comes the time when the lover says, 'O, Beloved! will I ever become one with you and so lose myself forever? But let this be only if it is your Will.' This is the stage of love enlightened by obedience.
Now the lover continuously witnesses the glory of the Beloved's Will; and in witnessing does not even think of the union. He willingly surrenders his entire being to the Beloved, and has no thought of self left. This is the stage when love is illuminated by surrender.
Out of millions, only one loves; and out of millions of lovers, only one succeeds in obeying, and, finally, in surrendering his whole being to the Beloved.

Meher Baba, "The Everything and The Nothing" (1963 Meher House Publications)

Happy Birthday Pete! And thank you.

Peace

Andy C

"I don't talk to musicians...