Re: Phoenix House disappointment

He should have blasted the Phoenix victims right out of the water. Well,
figuratively, anyway.

Again, glad you're not giving Pete advise.
I AM coming across a little militant on this, so maybe I should explain a little further. Pete is actually doing very well right now in keeping his head down and his mouth shut. However, I think the quote I posted that he should "hold fast" will express the overall sentiment of the Who community.

Most people who have been reading my posts for a while will notice that I am somewhat competitive. <wink> I also have a background in sports, which is, after all, a training ground for team dynamics and socio-political strategy. And how does this apply? Because The Who is the essence of competition.

The truth is that in a competitive situation, any weakness in your presentation will encourage the opposition to attack you at that point. This holds true in social situations. There are techniques to encourage cooperation and negotiation rather than competition, but that's another discussion.

As illustration of this principle, notice the Wholists' response to Pete's activities since the caution was announced. 1) His original firm statement on the caution flew without comment. 2) The photo of Pete's Travolta pose for the cameras brought cheers and the suggestion (not mine) that he should have turned his hand so the fingers pointed up. 3) His intimate diary post revealing how ambivalent he felt about the caution and whining a little provoked instant attack on this list. There have also been unfavorable comments on other lists.

Now. Which of these attitudes should Pete present to the public? ;)

keets