Re: The John Enwistle Collection - Sotherby's

From: John Hughes <john@pureneasy.fsnet.co.uk>

AEB, re

The John Enwistle Collection - Sotherby's

> > that Flying V, which at one time belonged to Dave Davies of The
> > Kinks, was always valued in guitar collector publications at
> > $125,000.00, a huge load short of #38,400 UK currency.

Not quite with you. Did you mean its selling price at #38,400 was way short of the guitar magazine valuations?

If you did, you're right. I spoke to a dealer in rare guitars a couple of weeks before the auction and he thought that some of the guitars - the Gibson Explorer in particular - would fetch considerably more than the eventually did.

BTW, all the prices shown by sotheby's in their "results" page include the 20% buyer's premium, so the Gibsdon flying V actually sold for #30,720 or $46,000.
---

Yes, John, that's exactly what I meant.

AEB~