Re: Phoenix House disappointment

In a message dated 5/16/2003 9:50:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
seahawkman2001@yahoo.com writes:

> His attitude
> since he was free to speak, and remarks like yours, do
> nothing but rub salt in the wounds of the victims he's
> professed to support.

Ken,

There is no doubt that Pete did the wrong thing by entering that site. He
admitted as much.  But have you considered that Pete may be frustrated by
being publicly and *permenantly* labeled as a child molester by being put on
a sex offenders list when in fact he is not one?  Or do you really think he
is one?

He is the one who forever has to receive the stares of strangers and be the
butt of jokes.  He now has to bear the burden of misunderstanding.  We just
have to watch it happen.

He may have considered that his Free but Branded post was hard on the victims
after calming down and took it down for the reasons you state.  But I agree
with everything he said in it and I understand why he would feel that way.
If you help the helpless and get blamed for being a molester yourself, it's
not fair.  Laws aside.

Jon in Mi