Who-> Are They (and are They ready for the public?)

From: Sroundtable@aol.com

I work my fucking ass off practicing, getting us gigs, publicizing, and performing, only to have Scott then question our legitimacy as a "Who coverband?" That's garbage.

---

mc,

Sorry Brother, but once you make your band and it's music public, in the way you have, by
spreading the demos around, {yes, I *would* like to hear them} making booking announcements,
talking about rehearsals and gigs, & touting your own praises as a singer and for the "WAT" band
as a whole, you'd better toughen up and face the music, you're gonna be critiqued and you're
gonna get criticised/dissed by some. Sad...but true. It's part of the game.....

Not everyone is gonna like your band! Not everyone can or will appreciate the FUCKING hard
work you and the others have, {like we all do when starting and maintaining a band}, done and
continue to do.

There's only one way to go about it, do it for yourself and sod how in the fuck anybody else
feels about what you are doing. I am a firm believer that if you believe in your band, believe
in your material, and put your balls and guts into every note you play or sing, people will, for
the most part, recognise this and react positively.

---

I assembled Who are They because my love and respect for The Who has gone beyond the listener/viewer level. In order to satisfy what I am feeling for the band, I found this the best outlet. I have spent countless hours with our lead guitarist arranging Who songs like The Real Me, Relay, and Success Story, which aren't exactly big hits. I have had to fight the band to include Amazing Journey/Sparks and See Me, Feel Me into the Tommy run we do. All this and I have to answer to Scott and his ridiculoud insistence that we have to play 100% Who to be a Who coverband? Fuck that.

---

You don't _have_ to answer to anyone, anyway anyhow anywhere, but, *you* opened the door
to discussion of your band, even solicited suggestions from _us_ ,and must now face whatever
comes back through that same door that you, yourself, unlocked and swung wide open in your eagerness and excitement over your first performing band.

Thicken your skin, mc, and fuck 'em all except the band members and the people who actually go
out in public to see and hear you.....no one else matters at all.

---

The Who played Shakin All Over, Young Man Blues, Fortune Teller, Summertime Blues, Saturday Night's Alright, Eyesight to the Blind, and a bunch of other covers that actually made it onto their pre-Tommy albums. Does anyone here say, "Hey. Aren't they The Who? Why do they play other people's stuff, too?" The truth is that Who are They plays what we think are great songs. Most of them are Who songs. A few are not. When Scott works as hard as I am and forms his own band, then let him pass judgement on our legitimacy as a Who coverband.

---

When Scott has his own band, initiates dialog and suggestions here in this public forum, you too
may have your say......in the meantime, be careful what you ask for, you just may get it!

As for me.....I wish you the best of luck and know just how damn hard you work to put a band
together, audition, rehearse, get bookings, pick and arrange songs, work out the parts/harmonies,
and have to deal with the idiotic jerks/drunks/bartenders/bar-club owners to boot!

Just keep on keepin' on and sod what anyone says *if* you believe in yourself.

AnEnglishBoy~

PS~Got any Groupies or BandAids yet?