Re: Sticking to the facts....

Again, this is something that Pete will have to decide himself, but I don't see that apologizing does any good (note Clinton example). Likely it will only encourage the Phonenix victims to file suit for damages.
P.S. I can see an apology as part of a casual statement, say in a TV interview. "Well, I accessed this website and I'm really sorry if my actions hurt anybody, but at the time I thought it was blah, blah..."

A big, staged event? No. Definitely not. Unless it's the kind of apology Madonna does.

keets