Re: switzerland

Kevin in VT writes:

> Hey!
> I thought *I* was the dick here!
> Make up your mind!
>
> Ya know Mc, even Bush wouldn't go attacking Switzerland.
>
> Kevin in VT

On several occasions you have been the dick.  "Switzerland" took the first shot and renounced neutrality, and I don't take cheap shots at my band lightly.  I work my fucking ass off practicing, getting us gigs, publicizing, and performing, only to have Scott then question our legitimacy as a "Who coverband?"  That's garbage.

I assembled Who are They because my love and respect for The Who has gone beyond the listener/viewer level.  In order to satisfy what I am feeling for the band, I found this the best outlet.  I have spent countless hours with our lead guitarist arranging Who songs like The Real Me, Relay, and Success Story, which aren't exactly big hits.  I have had to fight the band to include Amazing Journey/Sparks and See Me, Feel Me into the Tommy run we do.  All this and I have to answer to Scott and his ridiculoud insistence that we have to play 100% Who to be a Who coverband?  Fuck that.

The Who played Shakin All Over, Young Man Blues, Fortune Teller, Summertime Blues, Saturday Night's Alright, Eyesight to the Blind, and a bunch of other covers that actually made it onto their pre-Tommy albums.  Does anyone here say, "Hey.  Aren't they The Who?  Why do they play other people's stuff, too?"  The truth is that Who are They plays what we think are great songs.  Most of them are Who songs.  A few are not.  When Scott works as hard as I am and forms his own band, then let him pass judgement on our legitimacy as a Who coverband.

Mc